A travel visa is a conditional authorization granted by territory to a foreigner, allowing them to enter, remain within, or to leave that territory.
And in Australia, different types of visa exist to access within their territory. The most common visas are the Student Visa, Skilled visa, Work and Holiday Visa, Tourist Visa, the Couple Visa, the Post Graduate Visa, and the Visa Sponsor.
Now, if you’ve already applied for one of Australia’s visa and is currently waiting for approval, here are some hassle-free ways to check your Australia visa status online:
Know Your Visa Type
Once you’ve applied for a visa, you should be aware of the details and conditions of your specific visa. Applicants can use the Home Affairs tool “Find a Visa”. It will help you find information on visa options that meet your specific requirements.
Take note that not all visas are included in ‘Find a Visa’. If you are unsure of which visa to choose, you can also visit the Department of Home Affairs website for more information.
How To Check Australia Visa Status Online
Once the application is under process and you received your tracking number, the Australia visa status can be easily tracked online.
This facility is available on Australia’s official government website. For further understanding, the entire process of tracking the visa status is explained below.
Procedure To Check Australia Visa Status Online
1. Go to the Australian Government’s VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) homepage.
2. Click on the button named “check your visa details with VEVO.” Upon clicking, an inquiry screen opens up.
3. Enter the TRN (Transaction Reference Number)/Visa Evidence Number/Visa Grant Number/Password in the field called “Reference Type.” These details must have been provided at the time of application processing and acknowledgment.
4. Next, enter the date of birth, country of the passport, Immi card/passport number in the given fields.
5. Read all the terms, conditions, and government policies carefully before agreeing on them. Once this is done, click on the checkbox to accept them.
6. Before clicking the submit button, recheck the entered details.
7. If all the details are entered correctly, click on the “submit” button. The VEVO copy can then be emailed, saved, or printed.
For each visa, find which conditions always apply, and which may apply depending on a range of criteria such as your country of origin. Also, there are some things you can’t bring into Australia as a traveler. Australia also has strict biosecurity requirements. Be aware of what you can and can’t bring into the country.