Are you having trouble with your business? Do you want to be inspired in saving money? Rich Dad Poor Dad is a 1997 book written by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter.
It is a book that advocates the importance of financial education, financial independence and building wealth. The book also aims to encourage people to invest in assets, starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one’s financial intelligence.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is written in the style of a set of parables, based on Kiyosaki’s life. The book contains various quotes about investing and lessons about Kiyosaki’s journey. If you want to be inspired, here’s a list of quotes that can change your perspective when it comes to money and business.
1. “The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left.”
2. “Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.”
3. “The biggest challenge you have is to challenge your own self-doubt and your laziness. It is your self-doubt and your laziness that defines and limit who you are.”
4. “One of the most stupid things to do is to pretend you are smart. When you pretend to be smart, you are at the height of stupidity.”
5. “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.”
6. “One dad would say, “The love of money is the root of all evil.” The other, “The lack of money is the root of all evil.”
7. “One dad had a habit of saying, ‘I can’t afford it.’ The other dad forbade those words to be used. He insisted I ask, ‘How can I afford it?’ One is a statement, and the other is a question. One lets you off the hook, and the other forces you to think.”
8. “Money will never make you happy if you are an unhappy person.”
9. “Most people grow up in a family where they didn’t have much money – that became their reality. Most of us live by ideas passed on down by our parents.”
10. “Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thought day in day out.”
11. “You can always quit, so why quit now.”
12. “You must fire bad customers just as you would fire a bad employee. If you do not get rid of your bad employees, the good employees will leave. If I do not fire bad customers, not only will my good customers leave but many of my good employees will leave as well.”
We have different perceptions when it comes to interpreting quotes. Life quotes, business quotes, love quotes, are only guides that can help us whenever we feel lost.
But always remember that our fate is in our own hands. So let’s not hinder ourselves because of a quote and let’s not compare the journey of others to ours. We are all unique and we have our own stories, make yours now.